Looking For A Easy Transition From Block Builder to Uploading Your Own SBI Pages? Try Build-My-Web-Page Software
General Overview:Drawing on the experience I gained from building Dons Do SBI Includes my new program Build-My-Web-Page is designed to accomplish the following.
- Make it easy for novice computer users to construct and edit SBI pages without extensive knowledge of html. As such it should make a perfect tool for those who want to move beyond block builder or who want to construct html code to cut and paste into block builder text boxes.
- Make it possible to insert images, links, YouTube Videos, Adsense ads, Content C2 invitations and even a photo gallery without knowing much about html.
- Immediately check your html code (on your own computer) as it will appear at SBI.
- Make it easy to create and manage menus for your pages in multiple languages.
- Take full advantage of SBI includes for managing your menu structures and web site design.
- Use CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) to handle the formatting of your web pages for easier construction and better consistency across pages.
- Make it easy for a novice user to modify the accomping CSS files by using a form interface. This makes it easy to create your own look and feel.
How To Videos - Overview.
Here is the first of the "How-To" Videos. This one should give you at least a picture of what I am trying to do with the software. Enjoy
The following video shows in detail how you should go about doing the initial setup of the program.
Looking for Beta Testers!I am currently looking for a group of beta testers to try out the program and report problems and suggestions to me. Those who participate in the beta testing will recieve a special deal on version one of the program. The current requirements for testing the product are as follows:
- Work with an IBM compatible computer running Windows 2000 or XP. (The program will probably run with Vista and I would love someone to test this).
- I would like several people that are new to uploading their own web pages. I would like you to look at the software and the documentation from an clearity point of view.
- I would like three or four people to try the software in different languages, especially languages not based on the iso-8859-1 character set. (It would be especially appreciated if you could provide a translation of this page so I can create an example of the programs use. Thanks in advance.)
If you want to dig into the details then click on the following button to download, save and/or print the programs documentation.
If you are ready to download and give the program a try please click on the following button.
To download a zip file containing a set of sample data files click the following button.