Skiing Holiday Pictures Above Beggars Canyon - Boomerang Chair
If you have never been down the right side of the Boomerang chair watershed you would get the impression that the terrain is the quite gentle. That is certainly the impression one gets coming off the road down from the top of the Boomerang chair.
1. This shot is taken near the top of the major hill at the beginning of the Brumbys run. At first glance this looks like the easiest way down. As you can see from the slopes on both side, once you start down this route you are committed to either Beggars Canyon or the North Glades.
2. Here we are part way down Brumbys run. The new snow, blue sky and puffy clouds give a perfect picture.
3. This picture is looking up Brumbys run from the same location shown in the previous shot. The hill usually doesn't look as steep from the bottom.
4. The highest peak of Mt. Washington is framed between the snow clad trees on Brumbys run. In early winter the sun seldom shines on this portion of the mountain. All day looks like sunrise.
5. Just a bit further down on Brumbys this skiing holiday picture perfect view occurs. This area is great to ski or snowboard after a fresh snow.
This is however a deceiving impression. Once you have dropped in off the road onto Brumbys run you are committed to proceeding down either Beggars Canyon or cutting across to the North Glades. Both are very steep and the Canyon is relatively narrow.
In new snow condition both are great double black diamond skiing or snowboarding runs. Great fall-line skiing on a skiing holiday.
Enjoy Your Skiing Vacation
Mt. Washington is a perfect place to get away during the winter months.
The mountain is renowned for getting some of the biggest dumps of snow of anywhere on the coast. The Pacific storms roll up the Port Alberni valley and dump on the Mount Washington ski area.
The mountain still has a family feel and the skiing and snowboarding in the new Boomerang Chair area is some of the best in the world. Enjoy.